Advanced Computing Design Call
3rd edition - closed
List of preliminary results by type and batch of submissions:
- Lot A (typologies A0/A1)
- Lot B (typologies A0/A1)
- Lot C (typologies A0/A1)
- Lot D (typologies A0/A1)
- Single lot (typology A2)
Overview and Objectives
The Foundation for Science and Technology, I. P. (FCT) manages the National Network for Advanced Computing (RNCA) and seeks to aggregate national advanced computing resources, promoting cooperation between the various centers involved and developing national and international partnerships with other entities. Under the terms of the Regulations for Advanced Computing Projects, published under no. 10/2022 in the Diário da República, the allocation of RNCA computing resources is carried out following a competitive bidding procedure whose terms are published on the FCT website.
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Scientific Cloud Computing (SCC) or Virtual Research Environment (VRE)
- A0 - Experimental Access recommended for teams with no previous experience or history of using RNCA resources or for using visualization resources.
- A1 - Preparatory or Development Access recommended for software performance testing, code optimization, scalability testing, benchmarking, re-factoring, or for short term projects.
- A2 - Access Project or Regular recommended for scientific or innovation projects whose team has consolidated previous experience.
Recipients and Eligibility
They are beneficiaries, individually or in co-promotion:
- R&D institutions (Research and Development)
- The Collaborative Labs;
- The technological interface centers;
- Science and technology infrastructures;
- Science and technology networks and consortia;
- Private non-profit institutions that have R&D activities as their main objective;
- Digital Innovation Hubs;
- Other public and private, non-profit institutions that develop or participate in research, development or innovation activities;
- Companies that develop advanced computing projects, in research, development or innovation activities.
- Individuals operating in Portugal and wishing to develop advanced computing projects in any scientific area.
Regarding applications from companies as beneficiaries, advanced computing projects should:
- occur in the scope of pre-competitive research and innovation, for which the goods or services that are the subject of that research or innovation have not yet been assigned a commercial value.
- not exceed, for all applications of this type together, 50% of the total computational budget to be allocated in this call.
Under Article 14 and 15 of the Advanced Computing Projects Regulations all applications received will be treated according to the criteria that are densified and detailed in the evaluation guide.
- A0 - Experimental Access submitted to technical validation.
- A1 - Preparatory Access or Development subject to technical suitability assessment.
- A2 - Access Project or Regular submitted to evaluation of technical adequacy and scientific merit.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted in the English language and on a separate form.
- A0 - Experimental Access as of October 25, 2022 (1pm) and until May 31, 2023 (1pm). Applications Closed
- A1 - Preparatory Access or Development as of October 25, 2022 (1pm) and until May 31, 2023 (1pm). Applications Closed
- A2 - Project or Regular Access starting October 25, 2022 (1pm) and ending December 15, 2022 (1pm). Applications Closed
|Batch of applications A0 and A1||Submission Dates|
|A||October 25, 2022 (1pm) - December 13, 2022 (1pm)|
|B||December 13, 2022 (1pm) - February 7, 2023 (1pm)|
|C||February 7, 2023 (1pm) - April 4, 2023 (1pm)|
|D||April 4, 2023 (1pm) - May 31, 2023 (1pm)|
|Batch of applications A2||Submission Dates|
|Single lot||October 25, 2022 (1pm) - December 15, 2022 (1pm)|
Additional information and clarifications may be requested through the e-mail address: email@example.com indicating "FCT/CPCA/2022/01" in the subject.